Hi I'm the person behind the website and my hands do the bodywork.
I am a relatively late comer to massage. Having been fully employed for twenty years, my career hit an unexpected dead end. What was I to do?
I'd been studying massage as a hobby. This had all started with finding a wonderful colour picture book on massage. Photographs are great but they don't show the actual movement. (My adventure started before the ease of YouTube and the internet!) Luckily for me, the book had a contact for a massage school. So I did their “taster day” and was hooked and signed up to do their course.
I haven't looked back.
I'm here to help your body return to health whether it is in pain, feeling stressed, or just needing some relaxation!
My qualifications in massage and bodywork include:
- ITEC diploma in Anatomy, Physiology, and Massage (2000)
- ITEC diploma in Sports Massage (2001)
- Certificate in Seated Acupressure Massage (2001)
- Bowen Technique (2005)
- Certificate in Integrated Myofascial Release (2008)
- Rossiter System - certified coach (2010)
- Abdominal Sacral massage (2010)
- IMPACT well-being programme (2013)
- Active Fascial Release (2015)
- ScarWork (2016)
- DermoNeuroModulation (2018)
- Advanced Diploma in TMJ Therapy (2019)
In depth study of different areas of the body have included:
the back and neck, the pelvis and pelvic floor, the cranium