How is your body feeling at the moment?
- Feeling stressed, over-worked, anxious?
Aches and pains from strenuous physcial activity?
Suffering from long standing aches and pains and need some relief?
Feeling your body isn't balanced?
Have you done a lot of repetitive movements involving computers, playing a musical instrument, golf, tennis, etc?
- Feeling stressed, over-worked, anxious? Your body's nervous system has switched to a "fight/flight" reaction. This switch needs to be re-set to a "calm" mode. When calm, you feel better and your body is in a healthier state. Therapeutic massage quickly relaxes the nervous system. You need my soothing, relaxing massage to help you to unwind. Book a chill out session now.
- Suffering with aches and pains from doing too much strenuous physical exercise? Ask about a sports massage. Sports massage is not just for sports people. Sports massage is actually targeted, interactive, massage. Targeted means that the massage is focused on the areas that are causing you pain and discomfort. Interactive means that you will be asked to provide feedback about the depth and pressure of the massage. Both of these should feel bearable and "therapeutic" and not painful! You may also be asked to stretch and move a joint while the therapist provides resistance. You may be asked to change your position: side lying, lying on your back, lying on your stomach (massage in 3D!) Changing your position changes which muscles can be massaged. A variety of techniques such as muscle energy techniques may be used to help release tight tissue. Get your aching muscles sorted now!
- Suffering with long standing aches and pains? Have a look at what massage can help. Not on the list? Then just ask the massage therapist.
- Feeling that your body isn't balanced? This is more common than you might think. Are you right handed or left handed? Then you already have a muscle imbalance! Don't worry, normally this doesn't create a problem but... sometimes it does. When this happens, you need special techniques that address the fascia. I do a range of fascial techniques that help with body balance and can help restore a feeling of well-being. Curious? Ask about integrated myofascial release.
- Suffering with an overuse condition? What is that? An overuse condition is when you have been doing the same movement repeatedly for a long period of time during the day. The muscles and tendons are not given enough time to recover. The area may become painful and swollen. Examples of overuse conditions include: tennis/golfer's elbow, carpal tunnel. These conditions can be difficult to resolve. There is a new approach for these types of conditions - the Rossiter workout. This offers quick pain relief, letting you get back to doing what you want to do! Make an appointment with your local Rossiter Coach.
Still have questions about what massage can do for you? Contact Elizabeth Hughes, your local, friendly mobile massage therapist.
Touch Point Therapy is a mobile massage service for Huntingdon and the local surrounding villages up to a distance of about 25 miles. (Further distances may incur a travel charge - just ask the massage therapist.)